Monday, January 28, 2013

New Bread Maker!

I'm so sick of stale bread. You buy it at the store, and within a day it tastes stale. A lot of places actually sell about to expire bread at great prices, so that's something I always check before purchasing. I don't eat bread fast enough to purchase one that expires in a day or two! I finally decided to get another bread maker and make my own bread. Plus, it gives me a chance to try out some cool recipes. Would you believe it took three stores for me to find one? Checked Walmart- nada. Went to Sears- nothing. Popped over to JC Penney- nil. Finally, I got smart and checked my smarter than me phone and it said they had bread makers in stock at Target. Drove over there, and got the last one. It was on sale too- score!
It looked nice in the package, and even nicer once I got it out (tricky!) and set up
The first bread I made was a simple multi grain recipe. I totally forgot to take photos, oops. The next day, I decided to search online for some recipes and found one for cinnamon bread. I decided to modify it to include my favorite spice, cardamom, and use cherries and dried fruit instead of raisins: 1 cup water 2 tablespoons margarine 3 cups flour 3 tablespoons sugar 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1 teaspoon cardamon 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast 3/4 cup cherries and mixed fruit (dried) After about 3.5 hours, voila!
Delicious, and it smells so good while it cooks. In fact, the final hour it smelled so delicious that I wanted to open the machine (a no no) and just eat it. I can't wait to try my next bread recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment